Rental Policies & Procedures
Arrival & Departure Times
- Check-In: 4 p.m.
- Check-Out: 10:30 a.m.
- Late check-outs without permission are subject to a half-day rental fee
Seasons and Rates
- High-season rates apply beginning 10 weeks before Labor Day Saturday and ending on Sunday of the weekend after Columbus day
- Low-season rates apply from the start of our winter season (The Monday after Columbus Day) until the start of the summer season. (10 weeks after the Labor day Saturday
- One-week (Saturday-to-Saturday) rentals required from last week of June through Labor Day weekend (Call for last-minute vacancies, which may allow shorter stays)
- Two-night minimum required from Labor Day through the third week of June
- All major credit cards accepted
- Rates are subject to change without notice
- Add 5% Franklin County Occupancy Tax on all rentals; taxes are subject to change without notice
- First week in Summer, 2 day Minimum stay
- Weekly in the rest of Summer, Saturday to Saturday
- Two nights, remainder of year. Holiday weekends may require a three-night minimum
- Call for last-minute vacancies which may allow shorter stays
Deposit and Cancellation Policy
- A 50% deposit is required at the time of booking a reservation, with the balance of payment due upon arrival at White Pine Camp
- Because of our small size, cancellations affect us significantly. Deposits are refunded if the unit can be rebooked for the same days as the cancelled reservation. Please call as soon as possible if you need to make a cancellation to increase the chance of rebooking.
Each cabin comes with:
- Bedding, linens and towels
- Paper products
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishes, pots, pans, coffee maker and utensils
- Outdoor grill
There are no televisions or radios in our guest units.
Phone Calls & Internet Access
- Cabins are phone and Internet free.
- A land-line telephone is available for use in the Great Room. Domestic long distance calls are complimentary.
- Complimentary wireless Internet is available in the Great Room
- High speed Internet is also available at Paul Smith's College Library, minutes away from White Pine Camp.
- All White Pine Camp guest units, buildings and common areas are designated non-smoking
- Smoking is only permitted outside. Please use the provided receptacles to extinguish cigarettes butts.
- In the event a guest smokes or permits smoking in a guest unit or building, a Smoke Damage Remediation Fee of $250 will be posted to the guest account upon check-out or processed as a late charge on the guest account if the violation is reported after the guest has departed. The Smoke Damage Remediation Fee may be subject to change.
Damages and Excessive Cleaning
Guests are financially responsible for property damages and extra cleaning costs above and beyond what occurs due to normal use.
Fires and Candles
Due to the historical nature of the camp and for fire safety:
- Fires are only allowed in guest unit fireplaces, wood stoves or outdoor designated fire pits
- No fires are allowed to be made anywhere else on White Pine Camp grounds
- No candles are permitted in any guest units, camp buildings or White Pine Camp grounds at any time
- Renters will be charged a $100 fee to clean up any wax found in violation of camp policy, plus fees to fix damaged floors, furniture, surfaces, porches, etc.
- Pets are allowed in Gate Cottage and Gardener's Cottage but are not permitted in any other guest units and common buildings.
- A $50 charge per pet, per stay, is required
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times while on camp property
- Dogs left in a guest unit unattended must be securely crated for the safety of our staff
- Do not leave a dog alone if it is likely to bark in your absence
- Dog owners must pick up after their dog at all times
- Guests are responsible for any property damage caused by their pets
- Proof of rabies vaccination will be required before arrival to complete the check in process.
Boats, Canoes and Kayaks
- Both boathouses have complimentary boats, canoes and kayaks for guest use
- Please return the vessel to the boathouse of your departure
- New York State law requires boaters to have one life jacket per person in the boat or canoe
- Motorboats are not allowed at White Pine Camp
Guest use of their own personal watercraft
- Guests may bring and use their own personal watercraft provided it does not interfere with other guests using White Pine Camps provided watercraft.
- To protect our clean lake from Mil-foil and other invasive species all guest's personal watercraft must be inspected and washed by WPC staff before use on Osgood Lake
- All guests understand and accept that no lifeguard will be on duty
- Swimming in the designated swimming area or anywhere in the lake is at one's own risk
- All guests under the age of 18 should be supervised at waters' edge.
Linens, Towels and Laundry
- A linen change and/or fresh towels are available midweek upon request for guests staying a week or longer
- Outdoor towels are available on request
- Complimentary cold-water guest washer and dryer are available from 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from May 15 - October 15. Pre-measured detergent will be provided.
- Laundry service is available for an additional fee.
Right to Remove Guests from Property
- White Pine Camp reserves the right to remove guests from the property if their actions are endangering camp property or their own and others safety and comfort.
Guest Use Of Atv's, Snowmobiles, Drones or Gasoline Powered Boat Motors.
- Use of Motorized recreational equipment is not allowed on the camp's property or immediately off the camp's shore line.
To maintain and enhance a sense of privacy, please avoid walking in front of the cabins along the ridge. In the Adirondacks, the front is lake-side.
In the interest of protecting your privacy and security, the entrance gate to White Pine Camp is kept closed at all times. We ask all guests and staff to close the gate behind them when entering or leaving the property.
Other than unloading and loading their cars on check-in/check-out, guests are asked to park cars in the designated parking area even as they come and go to keep them away from the main camp area.
Guests may use the Great Room. It has a large fireplace and is furnished with comfortable seating, a reading corner, library, puzzles and board games. It also has a large screened porch overlooking the lake.
Tennis house and Bowling Alley
Guests may also use the tennis house and bowling alley/pool room. Both have large fireplaces and are furnished with supplies.
"This place makes us happy. We are happy to have it in our busy lives." - Guest